edited 8.26.08; 11:06pm
Hmmm, couldn’t I have been tagged for an easier one?
Here are the rules:
- in about 25 words each, answer the five questions below.
- tag five Presbyterian bloggers and send them a note to let them know they were tagged.
- be sure to link to the this original post.
- What is your favorite faith-based hymn, song or chorus? This one is a tie between For all the Saints and Be Thou My Vision. Both remind me that this faith enterprise is so much bigger than me. We sang the second one at our wedding and the first one sure as heck better be sung at my memorial service!
- What was the context, content and/or topic of the last sermon that truly touched, convicted, inspired, challenged, comforted and/or otherwise moved you? I had the chance to hear my dear friend Agnes Norfleet preach at Montreat this past May. Agnes has a way with words – poetic, strong, grace-filled, convicting. She is just damn good.
- If you could have all Presbyterians read just one of your previous posts, what would it be and why? “Gosh, there are so many to choose from,” she says tongue firmly planted in cheek. How about if I rephrase it? If I could address any topic what should it be?
- What are three PC(USA) flavored blogs you read on a regular basis? Other than Jan and BRC… Adam Copeland at A Wee Blether, Marthame Sanders at I Feast Therefore I Am, and Christopher Edmonston at Down East Pastor.
- If the PC(USA) were a movie, what would it be and why? I’m trying to come up with something classy but the movie juices are not brewing today. What keeps coming to mind is Animal House. Sometimes I think we are looking for the immediate gratification without much thought to the long term effects. Too often we are crude and rather boorish. Truth be told? Some of the best parties and celebrations I’ve ever attended have been with a bunch of other Presbyterians.
I was remiss in not tagging my dear spouse. In order to keep peace in the house I’m adding JPD.