…a White Christmas is a given, not a dream!
But I do have dreams and aspirations. I love snow days! Unexpected gifts and time to be. Today’s prompt from Reverb10 is perfect for a day of reflection and laziness, decorating and baking.
Day 13 – Action When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)
I have two dreams that I’m pondering of late: one is to learn how to play piano and the other is to learn how to paint (watercolor, I think). My dilemma whenever I start something new is my desire to be excellent at the get-go. I want to be able to play piano like Miriam or John. I want to paint like Kenny Decker or Georgia O’Keefe. I like to start small. Sigh.
The next step is to decide which one to follow
- we don’t have a piano but we do have keyboards (not weighted keys, though)
- playing piano is not weather dependent
- it will require regular practice (that can be a plus or a minus!)
- will I have to play silly songs at the beginning (I’m picturing learning Aura Lee on the guitar when I was in 4th grade – Aura Lee?)
- I need to find a teacher that is good for adults
- I have some musical background but have never learned to read music – rhythms, yes; notes, no.
- supplies will need to be purchased
- where do I paint? I’m guessing I would need to set up/tear down wherever I do end up painting
- weather dependent – at least to an extent. Although I bet I could do a great painting of the winter white-out happening outside today!
- where to take lessons?
What else do I need to consider? Which would you choose? I’d love to hear your words of wisdom.