Day 21 – Future Self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?) (Author: Jenny Blake)
I’m in a list mode – maybe it is the season (I’m making a list, and checking it twice). This is a wacky prompt. I think 5 year plans are somewhat useless. I’m all for having a direction, but if you ask me where I’ll be in 5 years I’ll tell you that I’m hoping to be a faithful child of God in whatever situation/location/career I find myself. But, I signed on for this Reverb10 thing so here goes:
- exercise, exercise, exercise. No more excuses girl. Running isn’t it, and let’s be honest, that is for the best. Make the time to care for yourself
- read more
- do the stuff you love to do – time is too short
- make those 3/4 day trips out to California – now
- K2 will be driving in 5 years – now is the time to be fully present with her
- Remind K2- daily – that she is smart, gentle, loving, beautiful and that you love her more than she can imagine. While you are at it, remind yourself of the same.
- keep golfing – even if you have a lousy handicap!
- date nights – plan, schedule, do it
- save money
- plan those pilgrimages – don’t give up the dream. They’ve made a difference for you and for the folks who have walked with you.
- do what you want to do – not because you should but because you want to do them
- be present to the moment
I’m skipping the bonus question – because I can!